Frameset..??

hazel0ves

The Frame TagThe <frame> tag defines what HTML document to put into each frame In the example below we have a frameset with two columns. The first column is set to 25% of the width of the browser window. The second column is set to 75% of the width of the browser window. The HTML document "frame_a.htm" is put into the first column, and the HTML document "frame_b.htm" is put into the second column:<frameset cols="25%,75%"> <frame src="frame_a.htm"> <frame src="frame_b.htm"></frameset>
I quote this from the site, but i just couldnt understand.What's .htm..?Can anybody explain to me, or prolly give an example?:)

The Frame TagThe <frame> tag defines what HTML document to put into each frame In the example below we have a frameset with two columns. The first column is set to 25% of the width of the browser window. The second column is set to 75% of the width of the browser window. The HTML document "frame_a.htm" is put into the first column, and the HTML document "frame_b.htm" is put into the second column:<frameset cols="25%,75%"><frame src="frame_a.htm"><frame src="frame_b.htm"></frameset>
I made a change to the figures (in bold) it helps me to explain easierI then will try to explain what is written:what the paragraph says is that the code will generate a frame where the page is divided into two parts downwards (imagine a line running down your screen), the page on the left (taking up 25% of the screen) is the page frame_a.htm while the one on the right is frame_b.html. Both pages are displayed on your screen at the same time, sharing space.Anyway I think it's best to use dreamweaver to create a frame, it allows you to set the hight and width easily.

You run down to the store and hand over money ($400) for a copy. Or you download nvu for free. Both are WYSIWYG capable editors, meaning you can edit the document like you would a word file - with layout and styling showing up as you type it out.If you don't know how to create "frame_a.htm", you need to forget about frames for the time being and learn html first. Your very own w3schools has a tutorial here: http://w3schools.com/html/html_intro.asp