Local IP

ruslanh

Heh, no way. This script works only if java installed on client computer. How many users have java on their computer? Less than 1 percent :)
That's definitely not true. :) Java often comes with windows installations, if you bought your computer from a company like dell or gateway.And I don't believe there's a way to retrieve the inner network address of a client with JavaScript. Sorry.

If your intensions are good, you may simply warn the users that you reqire them to have JAVA for the sake of getting their local IP. Honesty is (most of the times) the best policy.

That's definitely not true. :) Java often comes with windows installations, if you bought your computer from a company like dell or gateway.And I don't believe there's a way to retrieve the inner network address of a client with JavaScript. Sorry.
If I don't mistake this true for early versions of Windows including Windows 2000. Sun had brought an action against Microsoft. Microsoft refused to include Java-machine on their new versions of Windows.

If I don't mistake this true for early versions of Windows including Windows 2000. Sun had brought an action against Microsoft. Microsoft refused to include Java-machine on their new versions of Windows.
Yes that is true but that doesn't mean delares like DELL can't include it after installing windows

Yes that is true but that doesn't mean delares like DELL can't include it after installing windows
Do you use Windows installed by somebody??? :) First at all I reinstalls OS myself. In Former Soviet Union countries people equip their computers by details. And how many people buy their computers in Dell in other countries?

Do you use Windows installed by somebody??? :) First at all I reinstalls OS myself. In Former Soviet Union countries people equip their computers by details. And how many people buy their computers in Dell in other countries?
You sound like.... how was that character from "Alice in Wonderland" called in English... the crazy hatman or something... anyway, there was a point where he (or was it the rabbit... nevermind) asked Alice "Do you want more tea miss?" and Alice answered "How can I have more tea when I haven't had any to begin with?". Hope you understand the association with your post.I install and reinstall OSes myself too, so I see your point, but people generally buy new computers from computer shops with pre installed Windows and rarely they go to shops like my father's where they get not only Windows, but all windows updates (including optional ones like IE7 and WMP11), codec pack (K-Lite), JAVA, Adobe players (Flash, Acrobat, SVG, Shockwave), and many many more.As I said, ask people to install JAVA. What harm can it do?