show me the equivalences

smiles

as far as I know , SGML is the base of HTML , XML is the base of XHTML , and I know the code be used in XML then refered to XHTML , but about SGML , anyone shows me some commands of this kind ?and , could you fill for me the equivalence between ones belowXHTML -- HTMLXML -- ???XSLT -- ???XPATH -- ?????? - ??? ( if you find more :) )thanks !!!

Well, the XML equivalent, as you said it yourself is SGML. SoXML -- SGMLAs for XSLT and XPath... there are no equivalents. That is why XML languages are so successful. They make the work with XML a breeze, which in SGML was a big bother and because of the large specification- hard for implementors to implement. That is why there aren't much other SGML languages other then HTML.The only standart which helped SGML and has remained in XML is DTD. But even DTD doesn't expand all the possibilities of SGML, despite the fact it was created for it. And the XML equivalent of DTD (that was specially made for XML) is XML Schema.

CSS tells the browser how to render a page. In order words: how will a page look.XSLT on the other hand takes one markup and turns it into another markup or text which is then rendered.The whole process is just totally different. Read the second answer from the XSLT FAQ.