dbms(sql)

arvindkits

EMP EMP_NO NOT NULL NUMBER(4)EMP_NAME VARCHAR(25)DESIGNATION CHAR(4)JOINING_DATE DATESALARY NUMBER(7,2)DEPT_NO NUMBER(2)DEPT DEPT_NO NOT NULL NUMBER(2)DEPT_NAME VARCHAR(25)BUDGET NUMBER(15,2)MANAGER VARCHAR(25)Create tables EMP, and DEPT, the structure for which are given above.Write SQL queries for the following :1. Display each employee’s name and date of joining.2. Display employees earning more than Rs.5,000. Label the column name “Employee”.3. Display all employee names and employee numbers in the alphabetical order of names.4. Display all employee names containing the letter “S”.5. Display the employees hired in 1981.6. Display the minimum and maximum salary.7. Display the list of employees along with their department name and its manager.8. Display the number of different employees listed for each department.9. Delete the records of all the employees hired in 1981 from EMP table.10. Update the salary of all the employees to Rs. 10,000.

sounds like school homeworks..!did you tried anything? did you give a try? its all the basic sql..you may want to check the manuals first. you will get info in there officail website to start with or http://w3schools.com/sql

... you want us to help you to cheat? So you get a mark not representative of your actual level of knowledge?

That's not how we work here. If you want to pass your school classes then you need to show that you know the material. It doesn't help anyone if you pass school without learning what you were supposed to learn. You'll end up with a job that you don't know how to do and you'll keep asking other people to do your work. If you didn't have time to learn the material, then you need to make more time the next time you take the class.If you want us to help you learn how to do this, that's fine, we are happy to help you learn. But we're not going to just do it for you, because the only thing you learn is to have other people do your work.And yes, many of those questions are basic and easy, you just need to take the time to figure out how to do them. The answer to your first question is here:http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_select.aspThe second is here:http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_where.aspThe third is here:http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_orderby.aspThe fourth is here:http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_like.aspIt will do you some good to read through the SQL tutorial to look for these answers, you can probably do them all yourself without our help in a few hours.

ya its a assignment but i don't know dbms may be it is easy.but i didn't have time to learn it.i have to submit the assignment tommorow.so if you can help me ,it will be greatfull to you.
what were you doing during your class time? :)

what were you doing during your class time? :)
mr scientist and mr synook for your kind information it's not my school assignment neither i had done it's classes,i have to learn it myself within a time period of 1 week and submit the assignment.and i have not gone through its material because i didn't have time.also i didn't have personal computer or net in my home.anyway thank you all for your unnecessary comments and u r not the only person on which i m dependent.my assignment has been submitted.from next time if you people can't help then better don't write unnecessary comments.

:) I think what we are trying to say is that maybe you should adopt a different philiosophy towards your assignments. we are trying to help you - to learn in a worthwhile way instead of just scrounging answers off forums, and to work towards a more sustainable mode of education - so that you don't have to be "dependant" on anyone but yourself.What was the assignment for anyway?

mr scientist and mr synook for your kind information it's not my school assignment neither i had done it's classes,i have to learn it myself within a time period of 1 week and submit the assignment.and i have not gone through its material because i didn't have time.
You understand the problem - you have to learn the material, but you didn't have time, so you didn't learn it. The solution is not to ask someone else for the answers, because you're not learning anything. The solution is still to learn it. Hopefully you followed the links I posted to try and learn the material instead of just receiving the answers from someone else without knowing what they mean. It's your education though, not mine, so it's up to you how you want to handle it.

You understand the problem - you have to learn the material, but you didn't have time, so you didn't learn it. The solution is not to ask someone else for the answers, because you're not learning anything. The solution is still to learn it. Hopefully you followed the links I posted to try and learn the material instead of just receiving the answers from someone else without knowing what they mean. It's your education though, not mine, so it's up to you how you want to handle it.
thanks for your links.i will learn another part of it thoroughly after 1 week i.e when i am going to get time. i have to learn it and i will.

Archived