How Can I Make Links Within An HTML Page?

*Esperanza*

Hi! ( I wasn't sure where this goes, html or mulit-media, please move me if I'm messing your boards up. xD)I'm working on a website offline (unable to put public cause of no money for a host lol) made for a home buieness I'd like to start (just cause I have no money now doesn't mean I can't prepair =P), and I want a way to either click a next button within the page so I don't need to make a whole lot of HTML pages and get cluttered; Or make it like Wikipedia where there are links within the page where you're still on the page but it links to a section on that page. I have A LOT of FAQ for my website, like products (list), terms of sales, ect..I only know minor html and I hardly know Css I often forget the 4 sections I use and just use same template and change colors. lolI know that webdesign isn't easy but if there is a easy way to do this would be best as I get confused and stressed over silly things. lol..But anything you give me will be taken gratefully. I'll just annoy you with blond moment questions. xD Eitherways I hope somebody can help me!Just a link to something within the compileation would be fine. I don't know what these things are called to look. lol ~ God Bless ~ ~Esp* P.S. If I have to use another coding system I'm willing to try, it can't hurt me. lol

Edited by *Esperanza*

Any element on the page can have an id attribute. It is done like this:

<p id="section">This is a paragraph.</p>

When you use a hash symbol # in a link it will go to the element which has an id attribute the same as the string that follows the hash. You can link to it like this:

<a href="#section">Go to section</a>

This also works if you're going there from another page and want it to scroll down:

<a href="page.html#section">Go to section on page.html</a>

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Any element on the page can have an id attribute. It is done like this:

<p id="section">This is a paragraph.</p>
When you use a hash symbol # in a link it will go to the element which has an id attribute the same as the string that follows the hash. You can link to it like this:
<a href="#section">Go to section</a>
This also works if you're going there from another page and want it to scroll down:
<a href="page.html#section">Go to section on page.html</a>

Great! it helps for me too!! thank you