i am working through Web Building learning

learnerdeveloper

Hi i need help i am working on the web building tutorial and stuck on the 'Fetching Data with AJAX'. It says "In the DemoWeb folder, change the file Customers.html" do i delete the current information i put in the previously page as it says a whole new information using the <!DOCTYPE html> and on every page next (Fetching Data with JSON.... and so on) do i copy and paste this new info on the same document or delete the whole document and put in the new information. I am confused and need help please, i want to learn but this step confused me as it doesn't tell me to edit or delete just to 'change'

3eee52395246898.jpg

here is the link to the page:

http://www.w3schools.com/website/web_spa_ajax.asp

Edited by learnerdeveloper

Any time you see a block of code like that which starts with the doctype and contains both the opening and closing <html> tags, it's a complete HTML document that they want you to use to overwrite the existing page. It's not added, it's replaced. If they just show a piece of code without the regular structure of an HTML page then they might want you to add it to an existing page.

Any time you see a block of code like that which starts with the doctype and contains both the opening and closing <html> tags, it's a complete HTML document that they want you to use to overwrite the existing page. It's not added, it's replaced. If they just show a piece of code without the regular structure of an HTML page then they might want you to add it to an existing page.

ok so i should delete that whole code and replace it with the new one it says on the page and the same goes with the other pages as well? if that is the case why can't i just jump to the steps as those codes i put in are just being deleted everytime i go on with the tutorial of the other data like JSON which is the next one after the one i'm doing now which is AJAX. Kind of confused with the tutorial how the steps are like, i don't really understand it.

I think you should be able to skip around to the various steps, I don't think there are many tutorials that have you change code incrementally. I think for the most part that each page contains all the code you need to do what they're talking about on that page.