Include not working?

DarkxPunk

Hi there,

I am new to PHP, but have been playing with include for awhile. Today I can't get it to work the normal way I have always worked with it, here is my issue:

$contentHome = '../content/public/home.php';switch (true){case $currentSite == "www.domain.tdl" and $currentPage == "home.php":case $currentSite == "domain.tdl" and $currentPage == "home.php":include_once($contentHome);$welcome = $welcome;break;

This gives me an error saying the dir does not exist… Now doing a lot of searching I found this solution:

define('ROOT', __DIR__.'/');$contentHome = ROOT.'../content/public/home.php';switch (true){case $currentSite == "www.domain.tdl" and $currentPage == "home.php":case $currentSite == "domain.tdl" and $currentPage == "home.php":include_once($contentHome);$welcome = $welcome;break;

It works perfect using this code. I understand why, but what I don't understand is why the first example of code does not work!?

Thanks for any input.

Michael

why are you using spoiler tags to show code? :huh:

You will notice I am using the proper code tags inside the spoiler tags… Now the reason…well I think it looks cleaner. Just me.