How To Retrive Specific User Profile

Chikwado

Can some one help explain more, how to retrive specific user profile. That is if I have 10 user and may be 10 of them are currently online. Then each person would only see his or her own profile not others profile. Currently i have a signup page with 6 field, example: 1. Image. 2. Firstname, 3. Lastname, 4. Email, 5. Phone number, 6. Gender. Some one help.

Edited by Chikwado

It isn't clear what you are asking. Do you have a working log-in scheme? Normally when a user attempts to log-in you search the database for their user-id and then check their password (although actually this is a simplification). If the log-in is successful then you can read any other desired profile information from the database and load it into session variables. Normally at a minimum the user-id, display-name, and privilege-level are going to be stored in session variables.

http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_sessions.asp

In your case perhaps you would set these session variables when the user signs in.

Dear moderator, One more question please, I have read on forum network 10 people voted up 10 people voted down. Some people said to insert image in user profile you should upload it to table. Other said to insert image in a user profile is simple create image folder in public_html and specify the path in table field. While retrive the path the image will display on profile, How is the right way to do it?

To me bloating a database with images only makes sense if the images are small and you want the convenience of knowing that all of your data is in the database, or if there is a security requirement and you want/need the images to be protected equally as well as the other data.