Wierd Thing...

Chocolate570

Ok, well, my friend and I are around 10% done with a website we're making. They're lots of minor bugs, which i'm sure I haven't found even half of. :) But the major one: If you look in the bottom left corner of the page, you'll notice the side panel image that's behind the buttons stops right over the text. How do I make that continue? Let me post the code:

<p>  <font size="-1" color="white">Scaped Help Site Alpha © 2005 OSborn and Chocolate570, all right reserved.<br>RuneScape is a registered trademark of JAGeX Ltd.</font></p>

And you can see the result at the bottom left.Also----, i have a few questions related to 'vanity'.

• Do the buttons match the layout?
  • Does the logo look ok?
  • Does the basic look of the site seem nice?

And all due credit goes to these people:Skemcin for the cool mouseover-button-change script.Aspnetguy for the awesome stylesheet/layout, and background images.My Friend for the amazing coding of the site. Me for my uber-great images. (the aweome logo and buttons. :)):(Thanks for reading this. How do I know you're reading this? Because I can see you. Watch your step.~Chocolate570My Site

Nice work Chocolate and Friend.:)You know me, I'll start with the feedback since you asked . . . :D

• The buttons match the layout fine, but the font is just hard to read
  • The logo is pretty cool - just takes up a little too much real estate for me
  • Red and Blue font colors on a black background are hard to read
  • I think the overall look is fine, but there are several different font colors that make the reading quite distracting

As for the last point, there is a general design rule of thumb - there shouldn't be more than three different contrasting font colors or more than three different font types.I think if you tried the main body font to be the background of the left nav buttons, the two might compliment each other.I'm not sure why you are using <center>, <font color="red">, <font color="brown"> and <font size="-1" color="white"> when all that can be better controlled via CSS.Now, as far as the question you pose, it seems to be combination of 0px margin and paddings that are mixed between the right pane and body CSS definitions. Thats why you <ul> is fully aligned left as well.My temptation would be to wrap your content in another <div> and class it "content" then put something like margin:0px; padding: 10px; and play with that.Is the right side and bottom supposed to have that light brown border like the top and left sides of the right pane? I don't see it in a 1024x786 screen resolution.Hope this helps some.:(P.S. Here is the link to his site for those who missed the other post. :)

First off, the site looks great, the background, logos and such are very well done.Now for the feedback, I would have to agree with Skemcin concerning the font colors, its just a little hard to read. Second, the on-mouse over works great, but when you move from the main logo (Scaped) to the menu just below it, the mouse over never changes, so you don't know for sure when you are pointed at the different link. I would suggest just putting an additional line break between the logo and the horizontal menu.Third, your bullets are starting on the brown border, I would suggest moving it over just a bit to get all the body text on the black background.But once again, the site looks good.....and the clan site is awesome and well used, you have all done a great job of getting others to join.

Whoa...i forgot about that. We're going for an all-brown font color, maybe a little white/light brown. Those red and blue font tags were preliminary testing that i forgot to remove. :)I like the font of the buttons, just as long as you can decipher it. If it takes more than 5 seconds to figure out what something says, it needs to be changed. :)Yes, those bullets. How do I move them over a bit? If you notice, they're in a main div, which is next to another div with the side panel background image, so I can't figure out how to make it work. :(No, the brown border is only at the top. Do you think it would be better some other way? Hmm...is the logo that big? I made it as small as I could. Maybe a bit smaller, but later. :( More important things to do right now. :)Thanks for all you're suggestions. I'll be constantly updating it, so check on the site in a couple of days. Everything you've said should be fixed. :blink:Thanks again!~Chocolate570PS. Kcarson- Thanks for the compliment about my clan site. But i owe everything to my friend, who's done most of the work on that site. I just got people to it. :D

But the major one: If you look in the bottom left corner of the page, you'll notice the side panel image that's behind the buttons stops right over the text. How do I make that continue?
I think you can use the margin-left style and delete the  's.

Just checked out your site, looks good. Not sure what you mean about your problem with the side panel image stopping over the text. All I see in the bottom left corner is that the there is a gap between the end of the image and the end of the page. Also, I notice that the corner piece in the upper left corner is kinda screwy in its position.

Yes, that's exactly what i mean. The image stops before reaching the bottom because the text goes underneath the image.And the top part was just me fooling around, probably just as you were looking at it. :)Can anyone tell me how to fix it? I tried to do what you said, skemcin, but it didn't work. :S

If you mean that the copyright is preventing the left nav image from spanning the height of the page, well its fixed. I just viewed your site and there isn't a gap anymore between the bottom of the nav image and the bottom of the page.