How do I view page?

unplugged_web

This is probably a really stupid question, but how do I view a JSP page? :) I have a site that has jsp pages that when viewed are called index.htm, contact.htm etc. I created a new about.jsp page, but when I go to about.htm I get an error. I've tried saving my new page as index.jsp and then viewing it as index.htm and that works so I know the page is all okay, but I can't view it as a new page.The site is live and I need to add another page. Once somebody has signed in then all of the pages are created dynamically using JSP. I need to add another page to these dynamic pages. I've created the page, but don't know how to make it viewable so that when somebody clicks the link then they can see the page. I can only see it if I type in the jsp extension, but that only shows the content, not the whole structure. All of the other jsp files are viewable with an htm extension. ThanksLucy

• 1 year later...
This is probably a really stupid question, but how do I view a JSP page? :) I have a site that has jsp pages that when viewed are called index.htm, contact.htm etc. I created a new about.jsp page, but when I go to about.htm I get an error. I've tried saving my new page as index.jsp and then viewing it as index.htm and that works so I know the page is all okay, but I can't view it as a new page.The site is live and I need to add another page. Once somebody has signed in then all of the pages are created dynamically using JSP. I need to add another page to these dynamic pages. I've created the page, but don't know how to make it viewable so that when somebody clicks the link then they can see the page. I can only see it if I type in the jsp extension, but that only shows the content, not the whole structure. All of the other jsp files are viewable with an htm extension. ThanksLucy
Hi,Can you please paste the content of (at least a snippet of) the code here? Also, can you please tell where did you please your jsp file and how are you trying to access that from the browser?

I assume you're running it in some kind of servlet container or Java app server like Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish, etc., correct? If the other pages work it may be a configuration problem. Are you using a framework? Can you post the code?ThanksEDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this post was from 2007. Pls ignore my response as the original poster probably (hopefully) has found the answer to their problem... :)

Archived