Brotherhood Of Iron

Sicario

I just built this site...I'm going to need alot of work, study and some help getting it to where I want it to be.But tell me what you think...why the ###### are my flash links failing anyways? I don't get where the first command to paste url comes from, within the tags themselves I even got rid of the early and just implanted a slash. Yet it still doesn't work.http://www.ironbrohood.com/

A society so l33t ought to at least be able to spell correctly 100% of the time and make no typos or grammatical errors. Come back when you have a Masters in every subject known to man, and then we'll see about a squad of supermen.

Hey... Will u please tell me how u got to do your tabs... the menu, manifesto, Knowledge, etc...I don't know how to, and can't get a proper explanation YET... maybe a link to a explaining example will do.

build html style horizontal table with rows.insert flash buttons in there, using a flash editor to put link destinations.i wouldn't mimic what i've done if i were you, as the links don't work, it seems to double paste the url.figure out another way

http://www.ironbrohood.com/index2.htmlthis is the redux version. telll me what you all think. ive modified the color scheme and the sizing, especially on broswer load up, so please. evaluate.unfortunately, i havebeen able to fix the links yet.
Hey. flash is not for superheroes :) use XHTML and CSS instead.
.class-for-buttons-here {background-image: url("dark-image.png");}.class-for-buttons-here:hover {background-image: url("image.png");}

http://www.ironbrohood.com/index2.htmlthis is the redux version. telll me what you all think. ive modified the color scheme and the sizing, especially on broswer load up, so please. evaluate.unfortunately, i havebeen able to fix the links yet.
>_< When I opened up that page, it immediately re-sized my browser window. Don't do that. Instead of possibly spending time at the site, I immediately left.as for the links not working don't put the links in flash as "www.ironbrohood.com/index2.html" just put them as a local link, "index2.html"

>_< When I opened up that page, it immediately re-sized my browser window. Don't do that. Instead of possibly spending time at the site, I immediately left.as for the links not working don't put the links in flash as "www.ironbrohood.com/index2.html" just put them as a local link, "index2.html"
I already tried that, the code for th url isn't in the flash editor. I've tried to do everything from pulling off / before in the editor, to messing with document relative and site root settings.

I already tried that, the code for th url isn't in the flash editor. I've tried to do everything from pulling off / before in the editor, to messing with document relative and site root settings.
I used to have one that worked but i cant find the Fla version to see the code... try using "../index.html" as opposed to "/index.html" or "index.html"EDIT: yeah thats it, add "../" to the beginning of the links and it should work, i just looked through the compiled swf file in notepad and thats the format that worked for me.

Why the stink are you using flash for something like that in the first place? There is no reason. It is adding more code than you need and is breaking your website. Why not try something like this. Here is the HTML

<html>	<head>		<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="stuff.css">	</head>	<body>		<div>			<table class="menu">				<tr>					<td><a href="index.html">Main</a></td>					<td><a href="index.html">Manifesto</a></td>					<td><a href="index.html">About</a></td>					<td><a href="index.html">etc</a></td>				</tr>			</table>			<table class="menu2">				<tr>					<td><a href="index.html">Main</a></td>					<td><a href="index.html">Manifesto</a></td>					<td><a href="index.html">About</a></td>					<td><a href="index.html">etc</a></td>				</tr>			</table>	</body></html>

Now add a CSS file to your directory

.menu td{	width:150px;	height: 35px;	background-image: url(pic1.jpg);	background-repeat: no-repeat;	}	.menu td:hover {	width:150px;	height: 35px;	background-image: url(pic2.jpg);	background-repeat: no-repeat;	}	.menu2 td{	width:150px;	height: 35px;	background-color: #D3D3D3;	}	.menu2 td:hover {	background-color: #000000;	}		.menu2 a {	color: #000000;	}		.menu2 a:hover {	color: #D3D3D3;	}

Now obviously you will need to fiddle with sizing, coloring, and get your own pictures, but it is a simple way to get a decent menu that changes when you hover over it without using anything so complicated as Flash to do it. The first menu would be to have a background picture that changes when you hover over it. The second is even simpler with the background color changing. Also at the bottom of the CSS is how you change the text color if you wanted. I threw that together in about 5 minutes, but without much work you could get a very functional menu with much less code and with much less hassle. Also I always recommend validation to help correct problems and fix future ones. Seehttp://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&am...m%2Findex2.htmlhttp://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validat...m%2Findex2.htmlBeyond those two things it seems to be a decently layed out website.

Archived