i know im an idiot- help with button

Caitlin-havener

Newb here. Makin buttons but the one for the code below won't roll out! It also doesn't respond quickly when I click the button. Please help!stop();lingerie_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, onOver);lingerie_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, onClick);lingerie_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, onUp);function onOver(e:MouseEvent):void{lingerie_btn.gotoAndStop("over");}function onClick(e:MouseEvent):void{lingerie_btn.gotoAndPlay("down");}function onUp(e:MouseEvent):void{lingerie_btn.gotoAndStop("up");}

The reason it won't roll out is you need to add an event listener and function for the mouse going out (or rolling off). Otherwise it will just stay in the roll over state.lingerie_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OUT, onOut);function onOut(e:MouseEvent):void{lingerie_btn.gotoAndStop("up"); // Or whatever frame you want}I can't quite work out why it wouldn't be doing anything when you click. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that you're using the gotoAndPlay method?

• 3 weeks later...

why dont you simplify your buttons to:MC_Button.onRollOver = function () {//code}MC_Button.onRollOut = function () {//code}MC_Button.onPress = function () {//code}etc..

• 3 months later...

Archived