IE Error Using @anywhere Tweet Box

mkessler

IE won't load the @anywhere Tweet Box on my site. (Works fine in FF, Opera, & Safari). I've had IE error's with script before that have turned out to be simple fixes and was hoping this was the same. If anyone knows any advice on how to solve the problem I would greatly appreciate it! Here's the error message and code:IE Error Msg: Webpage error detailsMessage: Object doesn't support this property or methodLine: 1Char: 1Code: 0URI: http://search.twitter.com/search.json?call...obs&rpp=100Script:

<head><script src="http://platform.twitter.com/anywhere.js?id=*******&v=1" type="text/javascript"></script></head><body><script type="text/javascript">            twttr.anywhere(function (T) {            T("#tbox").tweetBox({            height: 50,            width: 340,            label: "<span style=\"color: #fff; font-size: .9em; font-family: arial, sans-serif;\">What's Happening?</span>",            defaultContent: "'Post tweet here"            });           });</script></div></body>

Try

$(window).load(function() {$("#tbox").tweetBox({  height: 50,  width: 340,  label: "<span style=\"color: #fff; font-size: .9em; font-family: arial, sans-serif;\">What's Happening?</span>",  defaultContent: "Post tweet here"});});

Still having the same problem and was wondering if anyone could help... Here's the code and error message:Error Message:

Object doesn't support this property or methodLine: 55Char: 13Code: 0URI:

Line 55 is in Bold

<script type="text/javascript">             [b] twttr.anywhere(function (T) {[/b]             T("#tbox").tweetBox({            height: 65,            width: 360,            label: "<span style=\"color: #aaa; font-size: .9em; font-family: arial, sans-serif;\">What's Up?</span>",            defaultContent: "'Post tweet here"            });           }); </script>

I think he's wondering where twttr is being defined. You're calling a method (anywhere) on twttr, yet where has twttr been defined such that the statement would understand twttr.anywhere(function (T). twttr should be initialized to something, most likely coming from that script file returning something.

Right... I guess no where then? I tried following this tutorial from Twitter (http://dev.twitter.com/anywhere/begin#tweetbox), but something must be off because theirs works in IE and mine doesn't (works in FF, Safari, and Opera). Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated!

hmmm, i guess that does create the global twttr object just like that. I'm not sure now, although I plan on using this stuff in the next week or so for my friends site. Figures there's a browser that's got to be a stick in the mud... :)

Archived