Losing Connection To Part Of Css Page.

deltawiskey

OK, I'm new. I've adapted some pages for our local club by brute force and ignorance, and achieved both XHTML and CSS validation. Sample here - http://www.titchfiel...ultsFinal1.html Now I'm trying to learn CSS properly, so back to page 1. I was changing one little bit of CSS (below the 'body' section) at a time, when suddenly the 'body' section in the CSS page is no longer recognised, all the rest is. So I type out again the missing section, save (leaving the original in place), and it works - but only if I leave both copies in. These are copied and pasted from the CSS file, I can't see any difference between the two, or why it should need both. What's going on, please? body (the orignal){background-color:#cde6ff;background-image:url(images/bg_body.png);background-repeat:repeat-x;padding-top:100px;} body (re-typed replacement){background-color:#cde6ff;background-image:url(images/bg_body.png);background-repeat:repeat-x;padding-top:100px; } It might be worth mentioning that I always seem to have trouble making the initial 'link href' work - the last time I had to copy a set of existing HTML and CSS files into the directory, that appeared to give the link a nudge, so it then worked. The full CSS page is below,if required - v/* Default CSS *//* Generated by the CoffeeCup HTML Editor - www.coffeecup.com */@charset "UTF-8"; body {background-color: #cde6ff;background-image:url(images/bg_body.png);background-repeat: repeat-x;padding-top: 100px;}body{background-color: #cde6ff;background-image:url(images/bg_body.png);background-repeat: repeat-x;padding-top: 100px;} h1{color:#ff0000;font-size:3em;font-family: "Arial Black", Arial, sans-serif;text-align:center;} p{font-family: "Palatino Linotype", Baskerville, serif;color:#616161;line-height:150%;margin-top:10px;margin-left:80px;font-size: 1.5em;} h2{color:#ff0000;font-weight:normal;font-family: "Palatino Linotype", Baskerville, serif;font-size:2.2em;border-bottom:2px white solid;background :url(images/bullet_flower.png) no-repeat ;padding: 0 0 2px 80px;margin: 0;} .intro{color:#0000ff;font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 1.2em;margin-left: 20px;margin-bottom:25px;} .bold{font-size: 1.5em;color: #000000;font-weight:bold; }

Archived