Upgrading your old website to html5. I would like to find out the process of various individual who has done it! Please do share your ideas of how you did it or if you're planning on doing it, how? Thanks all

I don't upgrade. I make a new one. Or if the site is using a template engine I just need to make the HTML part since all the programming logic is done independently.

Thanks for replying.. Keep the comments coming guys.. How are you guys enjoying HTML5 & CSS3 with the incompatibility of some browsers like IE? Also, what are you guys doing in term of what we used to do for float div?

How are you guys enjoying HTML5 & CSS3 with the incompatibility of some browsers like IE?
Personally, I just ignore IE. IE users just don't get the fancy stuff. Of course, you don't want to make your site depend on new features.
Also, what are you guys doing in term of what we used to do for float div?
What? :umnik2:

In regards to float left or right we normally use.. With CSS3, I've seen the usage of Display rather than float the div. are you guys using these styles yet? Example#content {      display: table;  }        #mainContent {          display: table-cell;      }        aside {          display: table-cell;     }  .selector {      column-count: 2;      column-gap: 22px;  }        .selector header {          column-span: all;      }  

NB: I try to avoid cross browser incompatible things just for professionalism.. Hopefully one day in the future they'll all be compatible with latest technologies.. You can check my work at www.sohrabgoodar.com

In regards to float left or right we normally use.. With CSS3, I've seen the usage of Display rather than float the div. are you guys using these styles yet?
display is not CSS3. It is actually part of CSS1. float and display have different uses and are not really interchangeable.

Thats what I thought too but apparently, with html5 and css3, its eliminated the use of float in favour of display and column count.. I've managed to get the link http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-css-techniques/html-5-and-css-3-the-techniques-youll-soon-be-using/Check it out as I am a bit unsure too

I prefer the usage of float for the moment. Using display: table requires you to have three elements: one that behaves like a table, one like a table row and one like a table cell, since not all browsers support the usage of table-cell on its own. Some browsers don't even support it at all. We'll be using float for quite a long while until Internet Explorer 7 and 8 stop being used and until the other browsers can support the table-cell display without a row and table element.

I prefer the usage of float for the moment. Using display: table requires you to have three elements: one that behaves like a table, one like a table row and one like a table cell, since not all browsers support the usage of table-cell on its own. Some browsers don't even support it at all. We'll be using float for quite a long while until Internet Explorer 7 and 8 stop being used and until the other browsers can support the table-cell display without a row and table element.
Thanks ingolme.. I'm very new to this forum but Im actually really liking it.. I like your work on deviantart.. Nice illustrations..

Thanks ingolme.. I'm very new to this forum but Im actually really liking it.. I like your work on deviantart.. Nice illustrations..
I use float all the time and Im still learning html5 and havent got an in depth knowledge yet..

Archived