Where is the border?

Yuval200

Hey guys, I have a problem, I was bord and wanted to do a little thing in XHTML and CSS, every thing got fine, but there is a problem with the border of the table, here is what I put in the "style":

border-width:thick; border-color:#000000

Here is the hole XHTML file:

<html dir="ltr"> <head>  <title>SysIdx</title> </head> <body>  <div style="font-family:verdana; font-size:9pt">   <table style="border-width:thick; border-color:#000000">    <tr>     <td bgcolor="red" width="250" height="15">Test</td>    </tr>   </table>  </div> </body></html>

Note: I know that the XHTML file is missing a doctype, and some of it is in CSS and some of it uses depracted things, just ignore it, it doesn't matter.If anyone can help me, I will be more then happy.Regards,Yuval.

You forgot to add border-style

<html dir="ltr"><head><title>SysIdx</title></head><body><div style="font-family:verdana; font-size:9pt"><table style="border-width:thick; border-color:#000000;border-style: solid"><tr><td bgcolor="red" width="250" height="15">Test</td></tr></table></div></body></html>

Another thing came out,the smallest border that was writen in the CSS tut was thin, and its like border="1", isn't there a thiner posibilty? or the thin unit is the smallest?[sorry for duble posting, its just that if I had edited my post, no one would notice].

<html dir="ltr"><head><title>SysIdx</title></head><body><div style="font-family:verdana; font-size:9pt"><table style="border:1px solid #000000;"><tr><td bgcolor="red" width="250" height="15">Test</td></tr></table></div></body></html>

Try that.Also if you are aiming for the cells in the inside of that tableyou have to have a CSS style like this:

<html dir="ltr"><head><title>SysIdx</title><style type="text/css">table td {  border:1px solid #000000;}</style></head><body><div style="font-family:verdana; font-size:9pt"><table style="border:1px solid #000000;"><tr><td bgcolor="red" width="250" height="15">Test</td></tr></table></div></body></html>

<html dir="ltr"><head><title>SysIdx</title></head><body><div style="font-family:verdana; font-size:9pt"><table style="border:1px solid #000000;"><tr><td bgcolor="red" width="250" height="15">Test</td></tr></table></div></body></html>

Try that.Also if you are aiming for the cells in the inside of that tableyou have to have a CSS style like this:

<html dir="ltr"><head><title>SysIdx</title><style type="text/css">table td {  border:1px solid #000000;}</style></head><body><div style="font-family:verdana; font-size:9pt"><table style="border:1px solid #000000;"><tr><td bgcolor="red" width="250" height="15">Test</td></tr></table></div></body></html>

I see, thanks, you helped me alot I gess :).Lovely font btw :).another thing - I asked about it in the HTML/XHTML forums, I hope that some one here can help me out.The main issuse that is important to me here is the align of the bottuns, and the fact that if I don't put a "dir" in the table, all the text is left way, due I wrote in the CSS place that it will be right.