How to track my members clicks?

ooiioo

Hi,I have a website that run advertiser space. it's not adsense. my website sell ad space to advertiser. and there are members's login for visitors from my site. How do i track what ad's my members are clicking and how many times in a day? I used mySQL to store the database and i use php. How am i able to link it together so that i can track which member click on which ads? i have tried many ways but i just can't seem to figure it out. Help please!

I don't know if there's a smarter solution, but I would use AJAX so I can handle the event. If the banner is clicked, I run the AJAX function, which would go the server and update the value of a row in the DB called "clicks" incrementing its value.

That's not a click, that's them going to a page in their history. If the page they go to is the page that records the hit and redirects them then it will record another hit. If the page they go to is the page they got redirected to then there's nothing you can do to track that some random user went to some random web page that you don't have control over. Both pages may or may not be in the history, it's pretty much the user's choice which one they choose to go to.

It's not like they do it on purpose to count a click, maybe they see the site there and wonder "hey, what's this site about?".The way I see it, if you want to track the clicks, is because you're gonna give a prize or something to the company; therefore, you would need to have an accurate count of the clicks.

It's not like they do it on purpose to count a click, maybe they see the site there and wonder "hey, what's this site about?".The way I see it, if you want to track the clicks, is because you're gonna give a prize or something to the company; therefore, you would need to have an accurate count of the clicks.
ya, u r right! so how do i actually link up so that i can track other than using AJAX?

Archived