Website improvements

Guest FirefoxRocks

Guest FirefoxRocks

To start off, I must say THIS IS NOT MY SITE!! This site is fully copyrighted by X-Kings "staff" (check the site forum for more details I guess).I want to know how this site can be improved: http://x-kings.com/.Note that the site is primarily split into 2 parts, public and game. The /public directory is obviously accessible by everyone, the /game directory is accessible only by members. (It is free to join, it's a good game and I would recommend joining it. It doesn't take a lot of time and effort, and it is quite fun.)These are suggestions that I have thought of already:Use more semantics on the pages.Eliminate the tables completely (except for tabular data, when listing the guilds and players).Use a <ul> list for the navigation.I already got them to convert to XHTML 1.0 Transitional (it was DTD-less before). Some pages still have improperly nested <td>s and <form>s, but it is much better now.How else can the site be improved?

Xml prologue can go.Iframes can go.Tables can go.Centre the entire page for a 1024 Browser window.I saw a set of html tags in there somewhere that could likely be dropped.In addition to the Iframes (or maybe they are the iframes), the google ad code (which doesn't seem to display ... tsk, tsk) is a frame inside an xhtml document???Lots of work there. I'd be starting from scratch on this one.

Guest FirefoxRocks
Xml prologue can go.Iframes can go.Tables can go.Centre the entire page for a 1024 Browser window.I saw a set of html tags in there somewhere that could likely be dropped.In addition to the Iframes (or maybe they are the iframes), the google ad code (which doesn't seem to display ... tsk, tsk) is a frame inside an xhtml document???Lots of work there. I'd be starting from scratch on this one.
Yes I forgot to mention about the iframes. (But where do you see them?). And no, the XML prolog stays.The page should be centered, and I see the Google ads no problem.

Archived