Jump to content

congosamurai

Members
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About congosamurai

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. OMG!!!That did it. Awesome. Thank you so much. I appreciate all of your help. As I continue to grow in my web design skills, I will try to be a positive contributor to the many boards on W3.
  2. I checked that out. I went into my laptop, IE6 and on my home pc, IE7 and set them all to custom. I then went in and told it to accept every Active X option and not to prompt for anything. I still get the same thing.I can't shake the feeling that this has something to do with my flash show or something that I did wrong but that is what flash 8 is generating.Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm running them localy off my hdd and not a web server?And here's another thing. When I publish my flash content, it also generated a .html file of my slideshow. When I open that in IE, it runs just fine without prompting me.
  3. Hello.Well, this problem has really been giving me a hard time for the past 3 days. Here it is...I'm using Dreamweaver 8 to hand code a site and then using Flash 8 Pro to build a basic flash photo slide show and have it imported into the home page. That's it.Problem:It works in every browser except for IE 6 & 7. Whenever I try to test the file localy, I get that yellow bar at near the top of the browser that warns me about Active X control. I then have to click it and allow the blocked content which in turn causes IE to ask me again if I'm sure. After all of this, the flash works just fine.Status:I've downloaded every single Adobe update and have applied them all. I've gone into flash 8 and told it to publish the .swf file with the "active content update" and even ran the command that places that javascript file in the root folder.I've downloaded the Dreamweaver 8 update as well and it just inserts the same script. I've lowered my IE settings just in case and still nothing. I'm really having a hard time with this one and would appreciate any and all help that can be given to me. <script type="text/javascript">AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0','width','550','height','400','src','images/slideshowfinal2','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','images/slideshowfinal2' ); //end AC code</script><noscript><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="550" height="400"> <param name="movie" value="images/slideshowfinal2.swf" /> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="images/slideshowfinal2.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="550" height="400"></embed></object></noscript>Above: This is what I get when insert the .swf file through Dreamweaver. It also places a script tag in the head of the html which calls for the AC_RunActiveContent.js script.Thanks again.
×
×
  • Create New...