Floating div

lugos

Hello,Here is the code I am having trouble with:<table><tr id="fundingAmount"> <td style="padding-bottom: 0; width: 150px;"><strong>Amount:</strong><div style="float: right; font-size: 12px; margin: 0; display: inline;">$</div></td> <td style="padding-bottom: 0; width: 150px;"><input type="text" name="amount" maxlength="20" /></td></tr></table>I want the $ sign to be on the right side of the first column, on the same line. However, the code above puts it to the right and on the next line. I hope that's not confusing. If you copy and paste it, you'll see what I mean. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to work.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,lugos

hey lugos, long time no see, I take a look at your code :)do this

<table><tr id="fundingAmount"><td style="padding-bottom: 0; width: 150px;"><div style="float: right; font-size: 12px; margin: 0; display: inline;">$</div><strong>Amount:</strong></td><td style="padding-bottom: 0; width: 150px;"><input type="text" name="amount" maxlength="20" /></td></tr></table>

The element that is going to be floated should come first when mixed with non-floated elements.

hey lugos, long time no see, I take a look at your code :)do this
<table><tr id="fundingAmount"><td style="padding-bottom: 0; width: 150px;"><div style="float: right; font-size: 12px; margin: 0; display: inline;">$</div><strong>Amount:</strong></td><td style="padding-bottom: 0; width: 150px;"><input type="text" name="amount" maxlength="20" /></td></tr></table>

The element that is going to be floated should come first when mixed with non-floated elements.

Simple enough. How easily I forget; I haven't been doing much HTML development lately and put my own website on hold during the school semester. I actually tried going to your website first and saw that it was under construction. I look forward to seeing it once it's done.Thanks for the help.