ACP forum type thing

.Nick

i dont know what the error is...I want it to connect to a database and make the tables and it says it does but when i go to the index page it says there is an errorHere are the filesgo to install.php and then insert your DB info and from there if it says mysql table created go to index.php and find that the forum type thing wasn't made...supposed to look like thisI followed a tutorial for this but tried making an install page but it wont work

okay this is what comes up

Notice: Undefined index: db_host in /homepages/34/d167972958/htdocs/here/connect.php on line 3Notice: Undefined index: db_user in /homepages/34/d167972958/htdocs/here/connect.php on line 3Notice: Undefined index: db_pass in /homepages/34/d167972958/htdocs/here/connect.php on line 3Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /homepages/34/d167972958/htdocs/here/connect.php on line 3Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

this is my connect page

<?php$db = mysql_connect ($_POST['db_host'], $_POST['db_user'], $_POST['db_pass']) or die(mysql_error());if(!$db)die("no db");if(!mysql_select_db ($_POST['db_name'],$db))[quote][/quote]die(mysql_error());if(!get_magic_quotes_gpc()){$_GET = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_GET);$_POST = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_POST);$_COOKIE = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_COOKIE);}else{$_GET = array_map('stripslashes', $_GET);$_POST = array_map('stripslashes', $_POST);$_COOKIE = array_map('stripslashes', $_COOKIE);$_GET = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_GET);$_POST = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_POST);$_COOKIE = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_COOKIE);}mysql_query("CREATE TABLE forumtutorial_posts (postid BIGINT(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREEMT,author VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL default '',title VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL default '',post MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL,showtime VERCHAR(255) NOT NULL default '',realtime BIGINT(20) NOT NULL default '0',lastposter VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL default '',numreplies BIGINT(20) NOT NULL default '0',parentid BIGINT(20) NOT NULL default '0',lastrepliedto BIGINT(20) NOT NULL default '0',PRIMARY KEY (postid)");$result = mysql_query($query);echo "Table Created!"; ?>

Xamppive tried twice to install this and had some kind of error each time..Okay i just installed Xampp and i got an error with apache

ports 80 or 443 (SSL) already in use! Installing Apache2 service failed!
Port 3306 already in use! Installing MySQL service failed!
could you help me figure out what to do?

Maybe you didn't uninstall it properly from add/remove programs try to uninstall it and reinstall it after and make sure that your server is turned off.I personally use wampserver on my computer and never had problem with it

Did you uninstall all php, MySQL, apache... first?Did you install in C:\ so your path is like that C:\wamp\... (this is very important)Else I don't know what to say except ask on their forum :)

The PHP errors you posted above indicate that you are not using connect.php the correct way. connect.php is a form handler for another page, and on that page you need to fill out the database server, username, and password, and hit submit to go to connect.php and set up the database. If it is saying that the $_POST array does not contain a "db_host" index, then the form was not submitted. It sounds like you are typing in the address for connect.php instead of going through the form. I don't know what the page is called that you are supposed to go to, but I'm sure it's in the installation instructions for the forum.