NO error messages

henryhenry

The Problem:When I write blatantly wrong code (ie copied from the tutorials about errors on w3schools), I don't get any error message - just a blank screen. Same goes if I make a small mistake eg { instead of (. I just get a blank screen. I am not sure if it is my browser or apache that is doing it.My System:apache 2.2.3Opera 9(normal browser)Also - ie6 and firefox2 - same issue.What Have I Tried:I've searched these forums for similar problems, I've googled loads of different things.I've tried looking at the apache setup file. No luck.I've tried looking through the error log on apache - it's not very practical and anyway I can't find the simple javascript error messages I'm looking for.Actually I've come across this while learning PHP too. In PHP I found a short script which got around some block in apache but no equivalent in javascript that I can find. Either way it would be good to turn off this feature of Apache while I learn so that I know when there's an error!

In IE, incase of any JavaScript error, If you look at the bottom left corner of the browser, you will find a small triangle with Exclamation mark. If you double click that, it will list the JS errors... Do you see that?? and if there are no errors then a IE symbol will appear instead.