How to assign value of string argument in function

pcadv

Hi,I have created a fuction which accepts a string argument. I want the src to get the argument value in the form of string. I mean, like in the case below; I want "document.getElementById("frame1").src" to get the value of ("frame_a.htm") so that the src opens the page.<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function changeSource(imgsrc){document.getElementById("frame1").src=imgsrc}</script></head><body><div><ul><li><a href="java script:changeSource("frame_a.htm");">PA</a></li><li><a href="java script:changeSource("frame_b.htm");">St</a></li></ul></div><div><iframe id="frame1"></iframe></div></body></html>

<li><a href="java script:changeSource("frame_a.htm");">PA</a></li><li><a href="java script:changeSource("frame_b.htm");">St</a></li>
Your problems are in these lines:You're passing your changeSource method a string encapsulated in double quotes, but remember that your href is in double quotes too. Encapsulate your argument in single quotes:<li><a href="java script:changeSource('frame_a.htm');">PA</a></li>You should be golden after that![sorry for multipe modified posts... wasn't aware that the forum added a space to "javascript"]

Your problems are in these lines:You're passing your changeSource method a string encapsulated in double quotes, but remember that your href is in double quotes too. Encapsulate your argument in single quotes:<li><a href="java script:changeSource('frame_a.htm');">PA</a></li>You should be golden after that![sorry for multipe modified posts... wasn't aware that the forum added a space to "javascript"]
Thanks LittleSam. Your help did solve out the problem and its working nicely.