FileSystemObject & Activex Problem

manish_joisar

fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"); s = fso.CreateTextFile(saveurl, true);When i do this i am getting 1st i am use to get error like ' Description:Automation server can't create object 'then we changed setting in Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Custom Level -> Initialize and script ActiveX Controls not marked as safe should be changed to Enable.Now if HTML file is in localhost & user is opening page likehttp://localhost/Htmlpage.htmthen this setting works But when open it likeC:\NewFolder\Htmlpage.htmthen everytime we are getting message when we open page & click on Save as' An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction ?'if use say Yes then it works & if say no then again same error comesNow we want somehow we change setting internal OFF & after completing task make it ONHow to solve this issue, we are really stuck & need to solve this before 29/01/2007Thanks in advance

Internet Explorer has a funky security setting which disallows most scripting by default when you load up a file from your computer's file system. As far as I am aware, you will always get that confirmation message. The message won't appear when the file is loaded from a web server (even localhost).If anyone knows how to disable this "feature", I'd be happy to know it.

ThanksIt will be great if someone give solutionAs when we have given demo to client they asked like ' why this is coming As you told you are not using any activex control then y this activex warning is coming 'At that time we can't tell them that this is something related to IE & not with oursSo now we are not able to make them understand that this is how it will workSo we want solution. Waiting for solution

The immediate solution is to set up a web server and load the file from it rather than directly from the file system. For example, set up a web server so that the file is loaded from http://localhost/thefile.html rather than c:\files\thefile.html.
Thanks for your replyProblem here is we have to give option to user for offline entry & user will have option like open/save dialogue.This means user can save in any folder. And as we can't expect that in all user's machine server configuration will be there.Any other way to work around as client is not accepting what we are givingStill waiting