problems with form on website

bryhal

Hello all...hope you can help. I put a small form on my Yahoo store so people can sign up for news, new products, etc. I tried the form on my site, and a prompt came up saying something about the e-mail being non-encrypted. First of all, from what I understand, information on the Yahoo stores is encrypted, is it not? Secondly, I want to know how to get rid of the prompt and have the form send the information directly to my e-mail address instead of making the customer compose an e-mail. FYI- I have already went into internet explorer/options/security/custom/misc. and set "submit nonencrypted form data" to "enable. So any other suggestions/resolutions would be greatly appreciated. The form code that I used is the one suggested on the w3schools.com site under "send form to e-mail" in the form help section. Thanks - Bryan

to do that, you need a server side language such as php and asp to process the form information and send the email.The form on w3schools i believe has the email address in the html, which is where people can get your email address and start to spam you.Do a google search or a search on this forum for "php contact form" and you should find a few million.:)

to do that, you need a server side language such as php and asp to process the form information and send the email.The form on w3schools i believe has the email address in the html, which is where people can get your email address and start to spam you.Do a google search or a search on this forum for "php contact form" and you should find a few million.:)
Thanks for your help. After about a day of going crazy trying to make the form work, I finally found an old, expired Yahoo Canada page that said Yahoo store won't let you put your own form on there unless you use their forwarding script. Once I did that, it worked fine. Thanks again!