colors in IE

marquis

in IE the hover stuff i wrote doesnt work in firefox it works fine

/**************** Table stuff ****************/#itsthetable {	font: 12px Verdana, sans-serif;}a, a:visited {	color: white;	text-decoration: none;	display: block;}caption, th, td {	vertical-align: top;	text-align: left;}table caption, th, tfoot td {	font-weight: normal;	color: white;}table caption {	background-color: red;	padding: 8px;}table {	border-spacing: 0;	width: 650px;	background-color: #333333;}td, th {	padding: 8px;}thead th {	background-color: white;	border-bottom: 1px solid red;	color: red;}tfoot th, tfoot td {	background-color: white;	border-top: 1px solid red;	border-bottom: 15px solid red;	color: red;}tbody td, tbody th {	color: red;}tbody th a {	color: white;}tbody tr:hover td, tbody tr:hover td a, tbody tr:hover th a {	color: white;	background-color: red;}

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,I have a funny feeling that just separating your css selectors will solve your problem. I know that means extra bytes of info in your css file but what you have written above may be to much for earleir IE versions to understand.If you separate the selectors and add attributes and values seperately it may work.Worth a try?Please feel free to correct me anyone.Best wishesJustin

Actually, you could give the tags you want to affect a class name. Then you could shorten your CSS selectors which may be understood more easily.Instead of "tbody tr:hover td, tbody tr:hover td a, tbody tr:hover th a" you could have ".class tr:hover, .class td:hover, .class a:hover"Does that make sense? Something like that anyway.Best wishesJustin