get xml data from xml file

houssam_ballout

Do you mean like one of those "expand" or do you mean like a simple title to the href or like the "text bubbles"?What's your XML look like?

Hello all, I am creating a web page and have links on it, near each link I want to include some tips so that when the user puts the mouseover them,it retrieves the data from an xml file and display it, I want some help in retreiving the data from the xml file?Thanks
Sounds like a perfect situation for AJAX. Using AJAX, you can load the XML file and parse through it using the XML DOM.Run through the AJAX tutorial to get started. My only recommendations are that, on this part of the tutorial, rather than using:
xmlHttp.responseText;

Use, unless you are parsing through the XML file server-side:

xmlHttp.responseXML;

Also, rather than setting the URL to some ASP, PHP, ASPX, etc. file, set the URL to your XML file.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello all, I am creating a web page and have links on it, near each link I want to include some tips so that when the user puts the mouseover them,it retrieves the data from an xml file and display it, I want some help in retreiving the data from the xml file?Thanks
Well.. I hope you are looking for simple solution, as your main concern is developing web-page.You prob is how to get data from XML file- So you can put as string in your tool tip tag to display in web-page...If I m right, read the solution-You simply have to write a parser in JAVA which return string.flow will look like-XML <-> Java <-> Web-page tag (or wherever you want to store value)don't go to create model it will be complex.in Java, there are two parsers- DOM and SAX.for use SAX only-If u feel easy with this solution, reply I will write a sample program for you- till than you can go for link-http://www.javacommerce.com/displaypage.js...ql&id=18232