Images without Host

braco415

I´m trying to create a real basic web page using your tutorial and notepad. I thought that, if I used an absolute path link, I´d be able to use my computer as the host and view images on the web page. My absolute paths read something like this: C:\folder\file.jpgLong story short, it´s not working. I read a thread that was kind of beating around a question like this, but never really answered it. Can anyone help?

Usually, the best bet is to use relative paths. Put all of your code and images in a single directory - for example c:\folder. Then, put all of your images in a images directory - c:\folder\images. Then, in your code, you can reference the images with "images/image1.jpg".Otherwise, you'll need to use absolute paths with file:/// in front of it and the slashes facing the other direction in the rest of the path. For example: file:///c:/folder/file.jpgI hope this helps!

Appreciate the quick reply. Don´t know why the relative path won´t work, but I got the absolute path you suggested to bring it up. Thanks!Another question for anyone: What is the best way to reduce photo sizes while retaining quality? I´ve got no idea.

What is the best way to reduce photo sizes while retaining quality? I´ve got no idea.
ImageReady. Comes with Photoshop. Looking for freeware?