stretching a page on html

helen stunell

you define the widths of the page elements in percentages rather than pixelsexample <div style="width:100%;"></div>

you define the widths of the page elements in percentages rather than pixelsexample <div style="width:100%;"></div>
I've defined the width of the elements to 100% but when I open the page on a screen bigger than the screen I have it doesn't stretch to fit the screen. Is there anything else I can do?

I've defined the width of the elements to 100% but when I open the page on a screen bigger than the screen I have it doesn't stretch to fit the screen. Is there anything else I can do?
huh? in what way is it bigger than the screen on the screen that the page is on the screen?? :blink::) can we have that in english? :) :)Have you got some code that we can look at to see if your doing anything wrong?:blink:

huh? in what way is it bigger than the screen on the screen that the page is on the screen?? :blink::) can we have that in english? :) :)Have you got some code that we can look at to see if your doing anything wrong?:blink:
sorry - what I meant was that the page I have designed fits my computer screen fine but when i open it on a computer with a bigger screen the background etc doesn't fill the whole screen. does that make more sense?