AVG

smiles

It has Anti Virus and Anti Spyware, I use free version, I read that free version has some features limitted compared with paid version, what are these feature ???and what Antivirus and AntiSpyware are you using ? Could you give me some advices for choice ?and do we need other Anti-something in addition ? thanks :)

I use AVG free with Ad-Aware, S&D and browse with only Firefox and I haven't gotten any viruses in almost 2 years.
My set up is the same, except I don't use AdAware I enable S&D's Tea Timer application. In any case, I've been just as fortunate (knock on wood) as aspnetguy.I think Grisoft's approach is to let the client software go for free, but charge for (and subsequently make more money with) the server software that protects an entire network of clients. Using the free client as a base of "xxxx number of installs" as just one aspect of credibility. I like that approach - esp. since the client stuff is free.

My set up is the same, except I don't use AdAware I enable S&D's Tea Timer application. In any case, I've been just as fortunate (knock on wood) as aspnetguy.I think Grisoft's approach is to let the client software go for free, but charge for (and subsequently make more money with) the server software that protects an entire network of clients. Using the free client as a base of "xxxx number of installs" as just one aspect of credibility. I like that approach - esp. since the client stuff is free.
Yes I tried to install AVG on Windows Server 2003, not realising it was not allowed, and it wouldn't install. Overall I find that it is a very good product.Skemcin what is Tea Timer...I just started using S&D recently.

You'll have to scroll down a little but here is the FAQs on it:http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/index.htmlI like that it only allows access to the browser "Internet Options" through the Control Panel - most importantly, it prompts you when a change to critical registry keys is attempted.