learning to use DIVS + CSS!

MrAdam

First thing I see is that you have this in your style.css file:

div.nav span.link{	display: block;	float: left;	color: #CD983B;	margin-top: 10px;	padding: 6px 0px 6px 10px;}	font-weight: bold;	padding-left: 20px;}

Perhaps this is the cause of your problems.

nar.. thanks for help. to be quite truthful .. that's not my own work - i mean it is, i've modified it and stuff, read through it and tried to understand it best i can .. but i'm not fully understanding the code.. it's really just a learning exercise ..(the nav menu that is - rest is my own)- any other suggestions guys and girls?- Thanks !

I edited the CSS file to display your page correctly in Firefox. Here are the changes I made:

div.nav{ background: #000000 url(../images/navback.gif); height: 27px; font-weight: bold; margin-top: -4px; padding-left: 8px;}div.nav span.link{ display: block; float: left; color: #CD983B;/* got rid of the extra { */ margin-top: 8px; padding: 0px; font-weight: bold; padding-left: 12px;}div.nav a{ display: block; float: left; color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; padding: 6px; margin-top: 3px;}div.main .mainRight{/* rather than float, use margin here */ margin-left: 150px; padding: 4px 0px 4px 2px;}

ahh, thankyou so very much . works perfect now! I realise the mistake in the nav code now .. and .. i now know how to get round the main content part - thanks alot jesh! x
Cool, I'm glad it worked. I wasn't able to test it in IE because I was using the Firebug extension to Firefox. If you haven't downloaded that extension yet, you ought to check it out!Anyhow, good luck with the site!