Updating xml through browser

simonadrian

I need to update xml through a browser and have tried to make the example in the tutorial "Save data to xml-file work".See: http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_savedata.aspWhen I try to submit the form all I get is an error-page with these informations:HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP errorApache--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Technical Information (for support personnel)Error Type:Sun ONE ASP VBScript compilation (0x800A03F0)Expected 'On Error Resume Next'/saveForm.asp, line 5, column 17Can anyone explain me the problemBoth files and folders have write-permissions.I have uploaded the files on my ISP-server - both in folder and in the root.But nothing helps.Hope somebody out there can help.

It seems to me your ISP doesn't use IIS as their web server, but rather Apache. ASP is not supported in Apache. Only in IIS. Those examples are not that usefull anyway btw.

No that couldn't be the problem. My ISP supports ASP and I've already got several functioning ASP-scripts working without problems.But you might be right that it's not the best script in the world. But it's the best/only solution I've seen to edit xml through a browser. If you or anyone else know of a browser-based solution I'll be forever gratefull.

They probably used some ASP implementation such as MONO to make ASP work on Apache, thus doing those scripts you've mentioned.A better solution for me personally would be PHP DOM. If your ISP supports PHP that is. In other words: any other S3L but ASP.

On that topic, boen - did you ever get an edit function to work?...if not, I was thinking: call the specified node, load the value/content, and use replaceChild()

replaceChild($new, $old);