Why HTML?

Guest FirefoxRocks

Guest FirefoxRocks

Ok, well I have temporarily suspended that website for now. I am in a mad rush to finish off another one that has A LOT higher priority than this one.So back to the topic, if you are a beginner, would you prefer to learn XHTML right from the start or HTML then convert to XHTML?I know I would like to learn XHTML right from the start because it is faster and I don't need to learn some old stuff that needs to be converted into a newer format. It's like learning to use OpenOffice 1 then upgrading to OpenOffice 2 :)

Guest FirefoxRocks

That's the point.If they are not much different, why teach both of them separately? We should just teach and learn the better one, which is obviously XHTML.XHTML is stricter, cleaner and the name is more appealing. :)

It makes sense to have two diferent tutorials for html & xhtml because we are currently in a transitional period where most people are still coding in html. There are thousands of people who already know html and want to just learn the differences between the two. Eventually html probably wont be taught but for the moment it makes sense to have them seperate