Open a folder from a webpage

murfitUK

Hi everyone. I'm back from my holiday in Australia and have put my travel experiences on my website. (If you want to look: websiteI'm creating a disc to send to my mum who has a computer but no internet access (she can't be trusted) and I've made it autorun so she just needs to stick it in the CD drive. The first page will have two options 1) view the website which is saved on disc and 2) open the pics folder so she can browse the photographs.Here's the problem. If I put a link to the pics folder using <a href="pics/"> it opens the folder in the browser with a list of filenames. I really want it to open up the folder as though she had double-clicked her way from the My Computer icon.This is what I mean...I don't want thishttp://www.murfituk.com/pics/no.jpgThis is what I wanthttp://www.murfituk.com/pics/yes.jpgThe reason is that she can then double-click on the first icon and it will open with Microsoft picture viewer which has the next and previous buttons at the bottom, so she can work her way through.Can anyone tell me how to do this? I'm stuck.Thanks.

A shure fire way to accomplish something to that effet, would be to go ahead and make an HTML page that displays all of the pictures as thumbnails - you could then have the thumbnail link to the bigger picture.I don't think that's exactly what you want - but it's my best advice if you want it to be easy for your mom.Good luck,LifeInBinary.

Thanks for the replies - I think the thumbnail page will be the best way forward.After some experimentation I found that if I do <a href="file:pics"> (or file://pics or something like that) it opens a window in IE but not FF. I'll investigate further when I get time!