Get from form

smiles

In SQL we have this syntax, for i.e ...

SELECT Information FROM Person WHERE Name = 'Peter'

Is there anyway to change 'Peter' to an variable which I get from a formlike this

$result = %_POST['Some_Name_Here'];$result1 = mysql_query("SELECT Information FROM Person WHERE Name = $result ") ;//// these above code not work

thanks !

If its giving any error, post it ORCheck if query is returning some value.... If you are using the below query, it must not contain unnecessary blank spaces, I put that in the previous post to show single and double quotes.....$sqlstr = "SELECT Information FROM Person WHERE Name='" . $result . "'";

here is the code, I get no error and no display

<?php include("1stfile.php"); $result1 = $_POST["theName"];$sqlstr = "SELECT Information FROM Person WHERE Name='" . $result1 . "'";$result2 = mysql_query($sqlstr) or die(mysql_error());while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result2))  {  echo $row["Information"];  }?>

thanks pulpfiction, but I sure that it hasn't been solved yet :) What I am trying to do is having a drop down form, its items are get from database, when you choose one item and click submit button, the information of that item will appear below it .Anyone has another way better than what I did ?

If this is really exactly what your query says:

"SELECT Information FROM Person WHERE Name=' Hello '

Then obviously there are spaces around "Hello". Those spaces are probably the problem. You need to trim the spaces off the value, either when you write it out in the <option> tag or when you get it from post here:

$result1 = trim($_POST["theName"]);

You'll also want to escape the value in the query to avoid a SQL attack.