IronPython references?

yoshida

Hi. I want to learn to write Python applications on an ASP.NET framework.What programs do I need to have installed? They should be free for now. And it should be .net at least, b/c of connectivity with a CAD program.Any references?

...and this does what? I used Google but I just don't know where to start. Some pointers would be helpful.EDIT: Visual Basic (Studio Express) just became an option, but I will have to work with ASP.NET to make it work.Help plz :)

Nah, it's an API for a CAD-program. Slightly different but still ASP.NET-compatible. .net is also used for stand-alone applications, if I'm corect.

.Net is used to write web applications (ASP.Net - VB or C#) it is also used to write desktop applications (WinForms - VB, C#, or C++).If you were more specific on exactly what you need to do I may be able to give a better answer. It sounds like you may need a web service to allow your CAD program to interact with ASP.Net and vice versa.

Sounds like gibberish to me. I just want to learn .net, where do I start? It's for interaction with Revit projects (Revit is a CAD-program to use Building Information Models or BIMs).I also posted a question on the Revit forums, but they assume I can already program if I want to write an api. This is the place to learn .net, right? :)Here's the post:

Would it be possible to print sheets from a project and change the sheet(/project) information, without actually opening the project? Having a preview from each sheet would be incredible, but just listing sheets from a project, their sheet date and size, and a checkbox to print with custom printing settings is sufficient for now. The goal is to manage and print 10 to 20 files from the same project, this will happen on a monthly base. (real estate database)Right now I only want to know if it's possible at all, and what would be the best approach. My guess is to create an application using Visual Basic Studio Express, and extract sheets and sheet(/project) data from projects in sub folders (and then create a subroutine to print projects as if I were in Revit). However, I'm totally new to Visual Basic (but not-so-new to PHP). Basically, this would be called a sheet viewer and project manipulator.
I just want to collect some pointers from different resources, so I can attempt to go from there. Where do I start if I wanted to write standalone .net applications with Visual Basic or Python?Hope this helps.

You will find a lot more tutorials for Vb then for python I imagine. Try here. http://msdn.microsoft.com/virtuallabs/vbasic/If you want to create an API for your CAD program then ASP.Net is a waste of your time as that is only for web applications (websites).Download VB express and start with the tutorials I linked above. I read that if you register your express edition you can get access to download a free vb book. I don't know where but it is supposedly available.