From listbox to tex item

kastellu

Hello,I don't have any clue about javascript , so that is why i am asking you about this. How to writte a script that will give me a value from listbox and it would be pasted into text item or just be a text. So ,,... , value BIKE from a listbox (name of object is LISTBOX1) as an object to ,....,BIKE in a text ite (name of a text item is TEXTITEM2).Can you please give me a full script.Thank youK

Do you need something like this, a drop down list and when you change the option it popups the value of the selectedhttp://home.hetnet.nl/~hans-kuipers4/html/listbox.htm

<html><head>	<title>My Listbox</title>  <script type="text/javascript">	function getValue(box) {if (box.selectedIndex == 0) return;alert(box.options[box.selectedIndex].value)}  </script></head><body><form name="my_form"> <SELECT id="box0" onchange="java script:getValue(this)"><option>Make your choice !<OPTION value="TEXTITEM1">Entry A<OPTION value="TEXTITEM2">Entry B<OPTION value="TEXTITEM3">Entry C<OPTION value="TEXTITEM4">Entry D<OPTION value="TEXTITEM5">Entry E<OPTION value="TEXTITEM6">Entry F<OPTION value="TEXTITEM7">Entry G<OPTION value="TEXTITEM8">Entry H</SELECT></form></body></html>

Hello,Firstly, thanks for your replay. No that is not it! I am working in some report software, that is java coded. All objects are just drag and drop, with that i mean that you only grag a selectbox in to report and set some properties, and it works. But the only way you can customize your reports is with some HTML item , where you can write in a javascript that can corespond to that report.. The problem is that i get the values in to some selectbox (i get only need value that is prefiltered from some other object) , but since i wouldn't like to see the result in a selectbox i would like to hide that selectbox(visibility it is a propertie of this object) object and its value send to text item or tag if you like it (that tag has a object name as well). So what i am trying to do is to put that HTML object where that script would be written - select value from hidden selectbox(SELECTBOXVALUE - name) and writte it into tag object (TAGEVALUE-name) - this is only a regular tag in main page and not pop up.I hope you understand. The report software is COGNOS BI 8.2Thanks for your help!Best regards,K

pulpfiction's code gets the selected value from a drop down menu. An alternative way to do it would be like this:If this were your HTML:

<select id="LISTBOX1"><option value="option1">Option 1</option><option value="option2">Option 2</option><option value="option3">Option 3</option></select>

You can get the selected value in your javascript like this:

var select = document.getElementById("LISTBOX1");var value = select.options[select.selectedIndex].value;