New window

wooikeim

Hi, i not sure whether this in tutorial or not but i couldn't find it. I want to know how to open new wndow after i click on the link. If i use response.redirect("xxx.aspx") it will open the page in parent. In vb script:
Why would you need to do this serverside? Why not just use HTML to open your processing page in a new window?
[preprocess.asp]<form action="process.asp" target="_blank">...<input type="submit" value="Go"></form>

If you need to close your processing window and/or redirect the opener to another page, just use a java script:

[process.asp]<%...' stuff...%><body onLoad="java script:opener.location='finish.asp';self.close();">

Hi, i not sure whether this in tutorial or not but i couldn't find it. I want to know how to open new wndow after i click on the link. If i use response.redirect("xxx.aspx") it will open the page in parent. In VBscript pls. thks
You have to use God's (sorry, Yahweh's :)) method or a javascript solution to open a new browser window. Rather than Response.Redirect("xxx.aspx"), you might look into RegisterClientScriptBlock. Here's a link for a situation that may be similar to yours:http://www.netomatix.com/RegClientScript.aspx

you could add this before your redirectResponse.RedirectLocation = "_blank";of course, this is entirely out of context as to what you are trying to do, but this is how you can redirect to a new location. I didn't check if this was available before .net 2.0

• 1 month later...
you could add this before your redirectResponse.RedirectLocation = "_blank";of course, this is entirely out of context as to what you are trying to do, but this is how you can redirect to a new location. I didn't check if this was available before .net 2.0
Hi,My add questions here ?To open new window, I would like the new window doesn't display the address bar, standard button bar, utility bar ... or just menu bar is only visible. What should I type in to my code ? Note : I use master page at a different folder.And, after the user is finish or wanna close that new window, what another code I should type in at that close button ?in VB, please ...thank u guys.