only show certain results

primefalcon

is there any way to limit results returned from a table such as a to cas in (take table as members say)

select * from registry where name between 'a' and 'c'

the between bit is where I'm having problems, I cant seem to get it to actualy include the C results with it, which is fine unless I want to do the Z results.and with doing this is there anyway to actually still do a sort by name as well?

is there any way to limit results returned from a table such as a to cas in (take table as members say)
select * from registry where name between 'a' and 'c'

the between bit is where I'm having problems, I cant seem to get it to actualy include the C results with it, which is fine unless I want to do the Z results.and with doing this is there anyway to actually still do a sort by name as well?

i could be sayin something totally stupid, i havent tried before i post.. but if you say between 'a' and 'b'+1, would it show up the b results? in that case, doing between 'y' and 'z'+1, then the Z results would show up...i pulled that out of my butt, i'm not even sure if SQL accepts that you zo 'z' + 1... but its worth trying