Web graphics and color profiles, I'm confused...

MikeTheVike

I'm a designer who mostly designs for print. I'm getting into some web design, and the RGB color profiles are confusing me.My mac monitor profile is set to "Adobe RGB 1998" and I had my Photoshop RGB profile set to "Adobe RGB 1998" as well. I started doing some reading online, and found a site that said my images should be created using the "sRGB" profile in Photoshop in order to look the most accurate on all monitors and browsers.When I convert my "Adobe RGB 1998" document to the "sRGB" profile, it looks the same, but when I go to Save-For-Web, the colors are brighter and more saturated, which is not how I want them to look. Do I need to convert to "sRGB", then ignore what the graphics look like after a save-for-web, hoping that they will look correct on most PC's and browsers? Or do I need to go into the View/Proof Colors option in Photoshop and set it to "Monitor RGB" (which shows the same colors as the overly bright and saturated save-for-web preview) ans adjust the colors to what they should look like?I hope this isn't too confusing! Thanks for any help

Im a Designer also and I must tell you I never use the sRGB conversion. When working with photoshop, I use the 1998 RGB profile that I have and when I save for web, It looks exactly the same to me. Ive designed a couple of websites and adds for web. and They all look fine! Maybe its just me!

Im a Designer also and I must tell you I never use the sRGB conversion. When working with photoshop, I use the 1998 RGB profile that I have and when I save for web, It looks exactly the same to me. Ive designed a couple of websites and adds for web. and They all look fine! Maybe its just me!
I have checked it out in a few computers, and it does seem to look better using the Adobe 1998 profile, so I'll stick with that. I was getting worked up the other day over something so small, I just wanted it to look how I designed it damnit! haha