Access DB for film festival with multiple venues

Guest marioletto

Guest marioletto

hi all,our film festival for the past 10 year has been a "single venue" festival.each film screened one time only in a one of 30 "film programs".life was easy: each movie had a field with the program_id and with constraints like: films.program_id = program.id i could get anything i wanted in a single ADODB.RecordSet.when showing the movie's detail page, i could easily pull the program info (venue, ticket link etc)when showing the showtimes page, i could easily list all movies playing in each program ... and the showtime page was done.now things are changing,each film will play twice (program1_id, program2_id).what's the most efficient way to pull info from the programs table now that i can't simply link the films.program_id to the program.id?i guess i could use two identical tables (programs1 and programs2 and uniquely link to them from films.program1_id and films.program2_id) but it doesn't look very elegant and i don't know of any way to automatically keep two tables in sync.here are my (simplified) tables:films (id, title, program1_id, program2_id )programs (id, program_id, venue )i have a film detail page on which i need to display the two showtimes,i have list page with the list of all film titles, and their showtimesi have a showtimes page in which i need to list all films sorted by film program.i hope this is not too confusing.thanks in advance,regardsmario