floating div?

astralaaron

floating divs are used in mainly coloumn layouts, where you have a left and a right coloumn, which are either in a fluid design and stretch the whole page width no matter what size browser. Or, (the way on my site - see siggie), they float to the left and the right inside an outer div, which is auto margined, so it all stays in the centre of the page.The other type of divs are to do with positioning, and you can choose between:absolute, relative, inherit and static. Although the first 2 are the most commonly used (that i'm aware of).Absoulte positioning is positioned from the top left corner of the browser. Relative is relative to whatever the div is inside, again top left corner.Hope that helps!:)

floating divs are used in mainly coloumn layouts, where you have a left and a right coloumn, which are either in a fluid design and stretch the whole page width no matter what size browser. Or, (the way on my site - see siggie), they float to the left and the right inside an outer div, which is auto margined, so it all stays in the centre of the page.The other type of divs are to do with positioning, and you can choose between:absolute, relative, inherit and static. Although the first 2 are the most commonly used (that i'm aware of).Absoulte positioning is positioned from the top left corner of the browser. Relative is relative to whatever the div is inside, again top left corner.Hope that helps!:)
yes That Helped! thank you.