Changing The Selected Radio Box

mike_g

I want to change the selected radio box in a form using javascript. I couldent seem to find any examples in the W3 tutorials and I havent been able to work it out for myself yet. Below is an example prog I made. The Change() function is my best guess at what would work, but it dosent. Can someone tell me how to do this right? Cheers.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title>Page title</title><script>function Change(){	document.c_form.nclass.value = "A";}</script></head><body onload="Change()">	<form name="c_form">					A<input type="radio" name="nclass" value="A">					B<input type="radio" name="nclass" value="B">					C<input type="radio" name="nclass" value="C">					D<input type="radio" name="nclass" value="D">					</form></body></html>

You weren't that far from a working solution :)

<html><head><title>Page title</title><script>function Change(){	document.c_form.B.click();}</script></head><body onload="Change()">	<form name="c_form">					A<input type="radio" id="A" name="nclass" value="A">					B<input type="radio" id="B" name="nclass" value="B">					C<input type="radio" id="C" name="nclass" value="C">					D<input type="radio" id="D" name="nclass" value="D">					</form></body></html>

I added an id attribute to your inputs and used the method click() to select B.