Ajax + PHP question

Pru

Hi,Your Ajax tutorial is really, really good. Only one beef: I use Apache and don't know anything about ASP, but have a decent basis in PHP. All I want to know is how to start coding the server-side script that returns some stuff, in PHP.On php.net I discovered an object called HttpResponse, which I am guessing - wildly - does something similar to the ASP "response" object and its "write" property. All I want to do is set up the content of my PHP response - whether as a string, an array, whatever.Thanks to your tutorial, everything else works perfectly. I even got a php server page with nothing but <? echo "stuff"; ?> in it, to write "stuff" into a field on my web page, but this is really limited, and nothing else I've tried works!All I ask is which object, and maybe an exampe of syntax.Thanks if anyone can help!Pru

Look at the PHP and AJAX section of the PHP tutorial.Sidenote: I do believe the information there would be better off in the AJAX tutorial, but for now... there.

Look at the PHP and AJAX section of the PHP tutorial.
Thank you so much! This is the kind of thing I need all right.
Sidenote: I do believe the information there would be better off in the AJAX tutorial, but for now... there.
Of course I agree, but otherwise a solution would be to put in a cross-reference to this in the tutorial on Ajax with ASP. A "related articles" sidebar or something like that.Anyway, thanks again, I was wasting hours going in the wrong direction entirely.Pru