ASP & MsAcces & ODBC

Guest MSSK-E

Guest MSSK-E
:blink: Ls,I have an odd problem I could use some help with.I'm accessing an ODBC Access database though ASP.The aim is to update a table several times with different joins.The update statement Joins the updateabl;e table with a temp table with the new values.i.e.update a,b set a.field1 = b.field1 where etc..Problem:The script wotks fine :) except :blink: :I have just added an update statement wich is almost exactly like the ones already in there, same destination table, same temp table.The only difference is an extra "where not is null(a.fieldx) at the end of the where part.Now here's the oddity:This extra query does not update any values even though it has the same subqueries as input. A select statement I put in front selecting the same set of values also gives back an EOF.Unless....I refresh the ASP page though the browser, i.e. executing it twice. Then it works fine. The table is updated, the select statemnt shows the values. :) If I copy and paste the querie from the asp page to MSaccess and execute it as a query in Access, It works fine :lol: The queries all contain a NOT in or IN subquerie.Is there somekind of internal cacheing that could freak things up? :) Is it ODBC? :) I could afcourse just execute the script twice adding and delete all duplicates at the end or something but its a lot of updates, not to mention very professional.Please assist... :) Regards,Machiel

Archived