label in html and php

dbaudais

Hi there and good morning, I am looking for a way to dynamically populate a label in HTML. A snippet of my code is: <label> $Descr </label>I would like to be able to have the contents of $Descr be displayed on the webpage inbetween the label closing and opening tags.I will pull the $Descr from a database using php and place the description into the $Descr variable.Any help would be appreciated in solving this problem.Thanks.David.

Hi there and good morning, I am looking for a way to dynamically populate a label in HTML. A snippet of my code is: <label> $Descr </label>I would like to be able to have the contents of $Descr be displayed on the webpage inbetween the label closing and opening tags.I will pull the $Descr from a database using php and place the description into the $Descr variable.Any help would be appreciated in solving this problem.Thanks.David.
you want to store informormation in the variable $Descr from a database?

If i understood your question correctly I think this is all you need

<?phpmysql_connect("host", "username", "password") or die("cannot connect");mysql_select_db("database")or die("cannot select db");$sql="SELECT * FROM tablename";$result=mysql_query($sql);$rows=mysql_fetch_array($result);$Descr = $rows['descr'];mysql_close()?><html><body><label><?php echo $Descr ?></label></body></html>

this is assuming you have a database named 'database' and a table named 'tablename' and a field on that table named 'descr'.of course you can call that stuff whatever you want

Archived