Field lookup based on another field in current row

peteratabb

Hi!What i'm trying todo is have a very simple stock checkin database, based on MS Access (at the moment as sql server is available) with lookup fields.I have an access table called 'items' ,with fields 'product_group' 'product_name' 'barcode' 'ID''product_group_id' links to the sql database and returns a list of 10 product group names, the key of which is stored in my new access row as value 1C or 19C ect, this works and was done via the lookup wizard in access.What i now want todo is create a listbox selection in 'product_name' showning ONLY products in the group '19C' or what ever is set in the 'product_name' fieldI have been trying to use

select name from productswhere product_group_id='19C'

and this works, but i really want

where product_group_id="this row.product_group"

The tables used are listed belowproduct_group: SQL serverID -pri keyname -textproducts: SQL serverID -pri keyname -textproduct_group_id -textitem: MS AccessID -pri keyproduct_group -lookupproduct_name -text -not workingCould anyone give me some hints or let me know if this is even possible?

I think you want following: first u want selection box for product group that u will get by select id, name from product_group from that combo what ever prodct group selected.. on the basis of that you want product name from products.. that you will get by select name from products where product_group_id='selected_product_group_id' Suppose this will help you.. Regards,Vijay

I think you want following: first u want selection box for product group that u will get by select id, name from product_group from that combo what ever prodct group selected.. on the basis of that you want product name from products.. that you will get by select name from products where product_group_id='selected_product_group_id' Suppose this will help you.. Regards,Vijay
Thanks for that Vijay, i've decided todo my project a 'simpler' way.Peteratabb.

Archived