ENGINE

astralaaron

MyISAM is a type of table. It's the default table type in MySQL now used over the deprecated ISAM tables. ISAM tables do not allow NULL values in indexed columns. These are just your basic ordinary MySQL tables.I'm not sure what the charset does, but if I had to guess, I would say it recognizes characters used in the latin language. A good charset to use is UTF-8, so that a page works no matter the language (as latin1 does not support Chinese)...That's just my guess though. :)

all the code I have ever seen still indicates that it is MyISAM. I suppose this is just in case someone tries to load it with an older version of MySQL or something.A couple of books I recommend getting that are pretty helpful are "MySQL Cookbook (ISBN = 0596001452)" and "PHP Cookbook (ISBN = 0596101015)". They are both published by O'Reilly Books. You can probably buy them pretty cheap on Half.com or something. They give a lot of good examples to help out with code creation.

all the code I have ever seen still indicates that it is MyISAM. I suppose this is just in case someone tries to load it with an older version of MySQL or something.A couple of books I recommend getting that are pretty helpful are "MySQL Cookbook (ISBN = 0596001452)" and "PHP Cookbook (ISBN = 0596101015)". They are both published by O'Reilly Books. You can probably buy them pretty cheap on Half.com or something. They give a lot of good examples to help out with code creation.
cool, thanks

Archived