Shoutbox dynamic refresh

primefalcon

Hi I'm currently putting together a simple PHP shout box board, which I'm finding rather easy....Though I do have one question, I was wondering which would be the best way to have the shout box automatically show the latest comments.I was thinking I probably have to learn Ajax, however if there is another easier way of doing this dynamic refresh without learning JavaScript and then Ajax, it would make things a lot easier....Anyhow my question is this, is there anyway to accomplish this task via PHP or will I, as I fear have to learn JavaScript then AJAX for this?

Hi.. Its better to do with AJAX+JS.. and the other way is probably you know already.. that is you would refresh the page @ regular interval via meta refresh <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="40"> refresh after every 40 seconds.. Its better to go 4 AJAX+JS.. Regards,Vijay

thats what I feared, oh well i don't exactly want whole page flickering quicklythe only other option I thought of was using an Iframe and having a meta refresh inside the Iframe but that seems rather simplistic, besides, that gives a flicker element as well

Archived