Help installing PEAR...!

ajmsake

When I run the go-pear.bat in the php root folder I get the following... Oh... I'm running WinXP with Apache and PHP v5.2.0...

Beginning install...Configuration written to c:\wwwTools\php\v5.2.0\pear.ini...Initialized registry...Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command.php on line 268Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command.php on line 268Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command.php on line 268Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command.php on line 268Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command.php on line 268Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command.php on line 268Preparing to install...installing phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/Archive_Tar-1.3.1.tar...installing phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/Console_Getopt-1.2.tar...installing phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/PEAR-1.4.11.tar...Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2334Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2338Could not get contents of package "". Invalid tgz file.Cannot initialize 'phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/Archive_Tar-1.3.1.tar', invalid or missing package fileWarning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2334Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2338Could not get contents of package "". Invalid tgz file.Cannot initialize 'phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/Console_Getopt-1.2.tar', invalid or missing package fileWarning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2334Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2338Could not get contents of package "". Invalid tgz file.Cannot initialize 'phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/PEAR-1.4.11.tar', invalid or missing package fileWarning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command/Install.php on line 427Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command/Install.php on line 427Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command/Install.php on line 427Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command/Install.php on line 429install failedC:\wwwTools\php\v5.2.0>

Any ideas? Thanks!

Odd... and you just ran go-pear.bat with no arguments? That shouldn't have happened.If you need to install a PEAR extension, you need to first use this file and then launch pear.bat with the proper arguments.

Odd... and you just ran go-pear.bat with no arguments? That shouldn't have happened.If you need to install a PEAR extension, you need to first use this file and then launch pear.bat with the proper arguments.
Nope, no arguments... any ideas?

What exactly you do when you're asked about whetehr to install PEAR locally or remotely? What I did (not that I've read ANY documentation) is to leave it blank and just hit enter. The installation continued locally.Or did you got this by just starting go-pear.bat directly without doing anything further? If so... I'm out of ideas.

What exactly you do when you're asked about whetehr to install PEAR locally or remotely? What I did (not that I've read ANY documentation) is to leave it blank and just hit enter. The installation continued locally.Or did you got this by just starting go-pear.bat directly without doing anything further? If so... I'm out of ideas.
All set! I followed these directions.... http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.getting.php under the windows section...

Archived